Monday, August 30, 2010

High Table Dinner

Today was another busy day. In the afternoon, met with Heather, a Malaysian who will be doing food and nutritional science. We attended the information session for non-local BSC student for briefing on graduation requirements and course selection advising.

Then, I headed to the dialogue session with alumni and teachers, under the induction programme by CEDARS. There, we sitted within our group and listen to sharing from 3 guest speakers; Dr Fung, Dr Amy and ?? . We were further divided into smaller group and have discussion with 3 of them respectively. Dr Amy shared happily with me that she have many relatives in Malaysia and always used to visit Malaysia. Besides the peers that I already know, the local guy, Wilson joined us today.

At around 6pm, we moved into Loke Yew Hall, seated and wore our green gown again. After a speed briefing by Dr Albert again, we had a photo-taking session with our green robe on. The high table dinner was sort of like the one we see in Harry Potter, also there were 4 rows of table, with the middle table being raised on a platform in front. While the guest speaker gave her speech, we continued to enjoy our meal, (Bread + Russian Soup + Main Course (choice of chiken or salmon with spaghetti), Brownie + Tea). All these are for free, exclusively for induction candidates.

I also managed to meet with 2 new friends, sitting next to me. David from Korea, speak good PuTongHua and he tought me how to write my name in Korean. David and Angel from GuangDong, are both in E & F, another popular course.

My first every high table dinner, I kind of enjoy it as we do know better about each other and taken our first group photo

!
With some of the Malaysian Freshman + one Indonesian girl(RIGHT)
With my group members.

2 comments:

  1. green robe
    if v r a graduate or Dr, then in black robe
    tat is what v gonna wear for formal academic occasion

    ReplyDelete