Friday, August 27, 2010

Fulfiling Day

After days in HKU, today is my most enjoyable day. The girl is true, everything will just fall in place, don't worry about making friends.

Afternoon, I went to the Global Lounge hoping to look for Lee Ling but my timing was wrong, it was lunch time. So I turned to HSBC bank, hoping that I can open my account then, queued up for about an hour, yet tak dapat. I gotto leave the queue for a Library Orientation. First, is a workshop by a librarian with some quizzes for us to take up, and I successfully be one of the fastest to answer twice, so I got 2 souvenirs from them. Then, was a library tour. The library is just awesome !!! You can find whatever in here !!! Their services are perfectly great, they even help us to get books that are not available in HKU but in other HK's University. There is a small garden in the library, the cool system of compact storage with high tech sensor, the audio-visual library which you may watch any collections in the library itself, in a comfortable air-conditioned room. Chatted awhile with a local student too.

5.30pm, I attended the First Year Seminar: Connecting with the University and Student. It was a seminar with guests from Student Affairs Department, Dr Chou, Dr Li and a senior. They shares what they know about HKU student's identity and how can we connect with the distinguish alumni of the university. Again, I get to know a guy from United States, California who is a postgraduate in Education, he looks like a Malaysian though. His name is Ray if I am not mistaken ( know too many new friends today and mix up). I explained to him about difference between residential hall and non-residential hall. He wishes me all the best in my undergraduate studies and gave me some advises as a "senior".

Then, I walked down to Chong Yuet Ming Amenities Centre's Restaurant. While I wanted to order food, someone just call by my name, Annie. It was Alex, a Malaysian Year 2 Student who had taken my parent for a campus tour months ago. Was so nice meeting him, he asked me to join dinner together with all others, who appeared to be Malaysian freshman. There was about 14 of us, all of us took turn to chat with each other, and taken each other's contact. The gathering turned up to be so well, thank god I was there, or else I will miss all these friends. Among us also was a Taiwanese, Zoe (E & F) staying in Lady Ho Tung Hall. Then, Kay is from Taylor's A-Level, now taking dentistry, while she stay in Starr Hall as me, but she is in 19th Floor. Then we have Bong, a Sarawakians staying in Swire Hall, doing A & F, Jeff (who just got his new name today) an engineering student staying in Simon Hall. Heather is in the same faculty as me, but she will be doing nutritional science, yet our overall selected courses might have some clashes. She is in the far far away Wei Lun Hall, while Joshua, Josephine and Felicia(E & F) are in Sun.... Hall. Then the guy which join in late is Thousand, which is the first malaysian to be admitted into IBGM degree. A future CEO, taken down all our details and contact, wears a very formal attire. We happily chat about taiwan, about secondary school life ( OMG, theirs are so crazy and scary I would say), about the university, about Cantonese, about our halls. Around 10, we left and some of us who stay nearby walk back together. Luckily, or else I got to walk back alone in the middle of the night. Josephine also guided me the way to Westwood, where there are many shops and a shopping mall. They mostly get themselves a fan, to replace the use of air-cond which we will be charge on every usage. I think I shall have one too.

I followed Kay and Zoe to Lady Ho Tung Hall, to visit Kay's friend- Sharon in 4th Floor. She invited us to her room, which I found to be exactly the same as Starr Hall's room. We also set a time to meet tomorrow morning and walk to the campus together for non-local students orientation. Back in my room, I created a facebook page for our group as HKU Malaysian freshman as requested, hope that we can have starting our new friendship that can last for live long here.

Finally, I don;t need to attend functions alone !! Yoohoo !!

1 comment: