Friday, August 27, 2010

Orientation for Non-Local Students

Early in the morning, woke up for shower to prepare for today's orientation. Met with a Canadian chinese with hearing disabilities, who is on exchange for a semester at her 3rd year. Went to Loke Yew hall together with Kay and Sharon, met with Heather and entered the hall together. Sat beside a Taiwanese girl who is from Starr Hall, 4 th Floor also !!! So happy. Both she and Rosalind just arrived yesterday night thus I guided them by giving some information about our hall, pantry as well as events available for us.

Deputy Vice Chancellor and Dr. Chou from Student Affairs gave interesting and motivating speeches which all of us enjoyed. There is also a session of global highlights quizes whereby we were exposed to some of the facts on global issues. Next, was a sharing session by 5 current students from different region of the world. Generally, I concluded that University Life = Have Fun ! Even the Deputy said:" If there is a need to skip class, just skip. Go out and explore and have fun !"

After 11, there was a parallel session whereby Non-Jupas students go to Global Lounge for briefing. Then me and Simona (Taiwan girl) , went together to LE6 for lunch and ice-breaking games. We were provided with a set of club sandwiches, drinks and an apple. I lost my apple though =( and one half of the sandwich dropped on the floor ....T.T

We were in a group with 3 Koreans and 6 mainlanders. They are all nice, and all of us speaks mandarin in common ! Even those koreans, one of them is Grace that I met her before in "HOT".
We played BINGO, "line construction" and "act and guess". Before we left, we exchanged our contact and make friends with one another. There is 2 girls from Shang Hai Uni, coming here to finish their last 2 years. While the others 4 mainlanders are guys, 2 of them stayed in Starr Hall too.

At night, I went Westwood with Rosalind, we had dinner at Mc Donalds. Meanwhile, I chat along with a 7 year old local boy, who came alone and ordered a Coke, sitting next to us. He was talkactive and even tell jokes to me. Before he left, he said bye to me and the Mc D old woman staff also chat with me about today's kid. Glad that I know cantonese, I enjoy chatting with new people, especially kids. We then went to Wellcome superstore and bought a pail, sweets and apples.

Tonight, back to the room, is very much noisier, the O'camp group must be having lots of fun.
My laptop fails to load my user profile and I can;t get in to the desktop. I made a hard decision to format it, and restored some of the files which I backed up since 1st August. Thus, unevitably, there is still a major loss of my files and documents. Like my HK checklist and expenses record !!! Huh... the one that cost the most is the lost of my Office 2010 Licenses !! I gotto use back Office 2007 with only 25 uses before it became a reduced functionality mode. I got no choice but to purchase another 3 users package, which will cost me about rm 300 !! =( BAD MOOD

2 comments:

  1. wow yeeng can guide ppl adi?
    chill chill....cool..be cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no lar
    cuz I m "older" than them few days ma
    n gone through wat they r curious of too

    ReplyDelete