Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Farewell Trip in HK

I was on MAS 2-5-2 alone, sitting next to a KFC man, whom hairs and beard perfectly white. He only sleep or read, and ate an ice-cream. A guilou family next to my seat, had a little baby with them, so chubby and cute. I happily selected all songs in Jay's THE ERA album and S.H.E's SHERO into my jukebox. At the same time, my mum and sister were flying with Air Asia, approaching to the same destination, HK airport.

We took a hotel limousine to my hall, Starr Hall directly from airport. We checked around 4pm and I got Room 410A. Haiz... missing the grand-wide-sea-view, yet I am still able to view part of the sea, but mostly blocked by those skyscrapers. Basically the room is quite ok, the spaces are sufficient enough. We unpacked a little and left for Tsim Tsha Tshui -郎豪坊. OMG you can imagine how crowded it is, although it has many floors, but every places in it were crowded. We hardly find a seat in food court, while most of the restaurants were really a long queue.

We stayed in a new 4-star hotel, at 土瓜湾. Very comfortable place. On Friday morning, we had DIM SUM together with 4 others who came along with us, at Mong Kok. Then I took bus to my HKU to do registration. Bringing along my laptop and heavy bag with files, I walked up and down, getting lost in the huge campus area. Met with a Singaporean, taking Arts while register. Visited Beatrix in global lounge, went to Cedars and say hi to the staff. Then to my faculty, took the registration pack and handbook, to library to activate my portal account.

PART 2-
Then, we met with a Professor, Malaysian who is an associate Dean in HKU, Department of Biological Science. She is my mum's high schoolmates, though they do not know much about each other and never meet for some time. She was friendly and offer her help to me. She drove us to my hall as we were carrying lots of stuff. She brought us to her office before that, which is actually a lab, division of plant molecular biology, whereby 5-6 postgraduate students were under her guidance. I then looked into the course selection using my laptop in my room, the deadline is next Monday, yet I do not manage to read thoroughly the handbook on course selection advises. I just chosen some core courses in chemistry as well as biotechnology, and left for dinner at Causeway Bay. Again, it was so so crowded over there, until you can hardly walk. We moved on to a restaurant called The Modern Toilet. It is a toilet-theme based restaurant, they don't serve you FRESH from their toilet, DON'T WORRY. But they serve the dishes in MINI "toilet bowls", "basin","toilet bowl cover"...... I thought their food will be made all into faeces-like or urine-like look, but I am wrong. We ate the buffet, free flow of cakes, ice-cream and salads, at around 90 HKD per person.

Next Day, on Saturday, we visited Lamma Island together with the other four. We took a ferry from Central to 榕樹灣. We walked and shop in those small local shops, but did not walk to the beaches. After passing by the Tian Hou Temple, we turned back and had lunch in Man Fung Seafood Restaurant, the place where my idol Raymond Lam first main casting show-美味情緣.
Well, with all girls and only 1 guy there, we do not know how to order seafood... a bit hectic. I still prefer Malaysian style seafood, cheap and lots of variety. Then, at night we went for a dinner to meet with my dad's HK friends to ensure that I will be "taken care of" during my stay in HK. We again met with the very old yet still healthy and strong (I hope he will always be) - Zheung Pak Pak(張伯伯). He still working and used to be MRT expert as he always travel on MRT. He is acting president of many societies in HK, including Elderly Welfare Association. Besides, was 潘醫師, she was another superwoman. Though she is old, yet still operating a clinic on her own and teaches Chinese Medicine Classes. Then, were 4 people from a family, Mr. and Mrs. Yip, and their son and daughter, Joe and Joanne. They all treat us well, and we feel bad for troubling them to travel all over from their living places to Mong Kok, just for us.

Sunday morning, me and my sis again went for swimming in our hotel. Only on the next day when is time to pack, only I realise I actually threw my swimming suit together with the lend towel into the laundry bin. Luckily, the housekeeper found it for me. We planned to shop in Citygate, Tung Chung. But when we arrived at the MRT station there, we were attracted by the advertisement to invite us for a TRY with Ngong Ping 360. It is a cable car journey, across the sea and mountain, from Tung Chung island, to Lantau island, the place where the airport and Lantau Big Buddha Statue are located. We upgrade to crystal cabin, whereby the floor of the cabin is transparent and we are able to look down through it and experience the feeling of standing in the middle of the air. If not because we were sharing cabin with other group of 4, I would really like to sleep on the glass floor. We shop for a while in Ngong Ping Village then back to Tung Chung. As included in the package were a 4D movie ticket, free meal/coupon ..etc for use in Terminal 2 , airport, we then took bus to Terminal 2. Watched a 4D Happy Feet, it makes me think of years ago, I watched this movie with yingqin, and other high school gang members.

After that only we shop at Citygate, the only place in HK where branded shop offers all year round discount up to 80%. I get myself a hello kitty croc which is about half price as in Malaysia and a titus watch. Mum got a coach bag for herself too. We moved on to Olympian City to have dinner. The place where most TVB functions were held here.

2 comments: