Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Merdeka Gathering in HK

Another busy day, I took bus to Wan Chai for my HK Identity Card appointment. The whole process took less than an hour. My thumbprint was again, hard to recognise by the computer scan...haiz... The picture I had taken there was so ugly... And I have to bear with it as long as I am in HK and need ID card. Then, I went to Asian House nearby to collect my Jay Chou ticket, the staffs were nice.

I ate Mc Donald's burger which only cost me about $ 6 + $ 7 of Float. When I was about to take a bus home, Wan Jing called me surprisingly. She was in Lantau Island. But I din't know she had been to Wan Chai this morning itself!

I tried to meet her up at the MTR station -Mei Foo. We chatted for about half an hour and left.
I took MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui for Merdeka Gathering, organised by HKU Malaysian seniors.

There were quite a number of us and we had an personal area for our semi-buffet. The food was nice but a bit too little, yet it cost me the most among all the dinner I had in HK, $ 120 !!
We had "speed date", Big TV games,...etc. The seniors also taught us about some local slang of Cantonese like "Cher", "Sor"=Sorry,...

Then, we went back by taking ferry. So we walked together to the Ferry Pier, passed by the beautiful starwalk along Victoria Harbour. Nice chatting with another 2 new Msian freshman, both in medicine. Charlene and Tze Hui.

I took green minibus for the first time, very scary the way the driver drove. And you must shout at the driver if you want to stop at any station. No fix route for it.

1 comment: